Submit Your Abstract
The best platform for presenting your research is at the ESRA Annual Congress.
Abstract submission deadline: Tuesday, 5 May 2020
*New date due to COVID-19
|Abstract Submission Opens||Open now|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||5 May, 2020|
|Abstract Submission Notification*||23 June, 2020|
|Early registration deadline||15 July 2020|
*Note all efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here
ESRA Abstract Prizes
Abstract prizes are awarded to those judged by the Scientific Committee to be the best submissions of their category. These prizes are chosen based on scores from abstracts submitted, and abstract presented either in an Oral or E-Poster format. The presenting author must be a trainee or resident to be considered for the abstract prizes.
The Best Free Papers and Best E-Poster Presenter award winners will be announced during the ESRA Awards Ceremony at the ESRA 2020 Congress. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive prize money after the Congress. Prizes up-to €1500!
Abstract Submission & Guidelines
Request for ESRA Membership
We would like to make a request for you to become an ESRA member if you are not one already. This is not compulsory, but being a member is also part of showing support to the Society. To become a member, click here.
Rules for Submission
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for oral or e-Poster. The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to 3 abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 3 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline: 1 July 2020 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Conference publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- E-Poster presenters who register by the early bird registration deadline will also be eligible to present a paper Poster at the Conference. Additional information will be sent to the submitters in due course.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published on the Congress website and in the Congress journal supplement.
- If an abstract was previously submitted to a different Congress but was not presented, it can be submitted to this Congress as well. If it was previously presented, it cannot be submitted to ESRA 2020.
- All submitted abstracts must contain novel data. Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the Conference website.
Guidelines for submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
a) Full first and family name(s)
b) Email address
c) Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
d) Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred presentation type: Oral or E-Poster
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. (Please note: word count is affected when tables are included.)
- Abstract topic – select the abstract topic per the list of topics listed here
- Graphs and Images – When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it in to the abstract.
The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format only. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. You may log in to the system later to make changes to your abstract, up to the submission deadline. After the deadline, changes will not be possible.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract Submitter’s Declaration
During abstract submission, you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Congress website, programmes, Journal, other promotions, etc.)
- The abstract submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to the ESRA 2020 Congress and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organisers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organisers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
Important note – Ethics Committee Approval
Only work that has received local animal or human ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. When submitting your abstract, please upload your Ethics Committee Approval as a picture or as text pasted into the Abstract text field.
Abstracts which have not received approval will not be accepted – unless they fit into the special categories below. Ethical committee approval is required for the following scenarios:
- If there are patients involved in the study
- Anonymous Retrospective Data Collection – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
- Audit Study – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
Ethical committee approval is NOT required for the following scenarios:
- Questionnaire survey of medical personnel
- Case studies – with patient consent
- Literature reviews
- Historical research
- Research performed on artificial model
- Evaluation performed during pre-operative session – with receipt of informed consent