Submit Your Abstract
The best platform for presenting your research is at the ESRA Annual Congress.
Abstract Submission is Now Open
The abstract submission deadline: 17 April, 2019 (midnight CET)
Abstract Submission & Guidelines
Request for ESRA Membership
We would like to make a request for you to become an ESRA member if you are not one already. This is not compulsory, but being a member is also part of showing support to the Society. To become a member, click here.
Rules for Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facilities) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- The presenting author is requested to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published on the Congress website and in the Congress journal supplement.
- Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included in the final programme.
- Each person may submit up to 3 abstracts. The number of abstracts one person may be the presenting author is 3.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted as Oral or E-poster presentations, with consideration to be given to the author’s preference. Abstracts will be reviewed and assigned to appropriate sessions.
- All submitted abstracts must contain novel data. Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- If an abstract was previously submitted to a different Congress but was not presented, it can be submitted to this Congress as well. If it was previously presented, it cannot be submitted to ESRA 2019.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
a) Email address
b) Full postal address
c) Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details:
a) Full first and family name(s)
b) Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it in to the abstract. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
- The abstracts can be edited after submission until the submission deadline. Following the submission deadline, no changes can be made to abstracts.
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the scientific programme. Please choose from the list of topics, click here to view the topics.
Abstract Submitters Declaration
BEFORE SUBMITTING THE ABSTRACT, THE ABSTRACT SUBMITTER WILL BE REQUIRED TO CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING:
- I, the Abstract Submitter, confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, Journal, other promotions, etc.)
- I, the Abstract Submitter, warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to the International Congress on Autoimmunity and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organizers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- I, the Abstract Submitter, grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract
Important note – Ethics Committee Approval
Only work that has received local animal or human ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. When submitting your abstract, please upload your Ethics Committee Approval as a picture or as text pasted into the Abstract text field.
Abstracts which have not received approval will not be accepted – unless they fit into the special categories below. Ethical committee approval is required for the following scenarios:
- If there are patients involved in the study
- Anonymous Retrospective Data Collection – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
- Audit Study – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
Ethical committee approval is NOT required for the following scenarios:
- Questionnaire survey of medical personnel
- Case studies – with patient consent
- Literature reviews
- Historical research
- Research performed on artificial model
- Evaluation performed during pre-operative session – with receipt of informed consent